Elmwood Junior School is committed to providing continuity of a broad and balanced curriculum to all its learners and will do so through a process of remote (online) learning, in the event of a school closure or a pupil self isolating, as a result of government guidance on Covid-19.
We will be using Google Classroom to support learning whilst pupils are at home. Google Classroom is a free Google App that aims to simplify creating, distributing and assessing learning in a paperless way. Teachers can use Google Classroom to send announcements to entire classes, share resources, set assignments to be completed and give pupils feedback. Parents can use some of the features of Google Classroom to help engage with and support pupils in their home learning. It is a free resource that can be accessed from any device connected to the internet such as laptops, desktop computers, chromebooks, tablets or mobile phones.
- Teachers will provide learning for their current class.
- Teachers will provide a daily lesson for English, Maths and one or two foundation subjects.
- Teachers will use resources provided by the Oak National Academy and BBC Bitesize, as well as other resources identified by school curriculum leaders.
- The work will be uploaded to ‘Google Classroom’ by 9am.
- In addition to this, pupils will be encouraged to complete daily reading at home by either using the Sora app or books from home.
IMPORTANT: Please Watch!