Beginning your teaching career can feel like a daunting experience.
Choosing the right school is crucial.
At Elmwood we know this and are confident that we can offer NQTs the best possible support during those important first steps.
We are looking to appoint NQTs to start in September 2017.
What can we offer?
- A school at the heart of its community with excellent communication between pupils, parents/carers, teaching staff and other agencies.
- The freedom to be innovative and creative.
- A team of dedicated and happy staff committed to delivering a first-class education to all children
- Great SATs results and ‘Good’ Ofsted
- Ongoing support from a friendly Senior Management Team
- Recognition of your potential and help in nurturing your talents!
From September you will have regular induction training with other NQTs. You will have plenty of opportunities to talk over your experiences in the classroom with experienced teachers, teacher trainers and specialist advisors. Day to day advice, guidance and support comes from your personal induction tutor, an experienced colleague from our school.
Here are some comments from current teachers who have recently started their teaching careers at Elmwood:
‘When I started working at Elmwood I knew I was joining a supportive team- everyone from the caretakers to SMT are always there to offer help or any advice when it is needed. My NQT mentor went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and confident in my classroom’.
‘I thoroughly enjoyed my NQT year at Elmwood…working as part of a year group team was invaluable. Experienced team members were more than happy to advise and guide me…’
‘The staff are a team and there is a genuine sense of warmth and friendship at the school…The school is helping me to realise my potential as a class teacher and now as a subject coordinator. Whatever your interests or passions are, this school will support you in achieving your targets. Above all, I have always felt like a valued member of the Elmwood staff and community’.
Contact us on 02086844007 to arrange a visit or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.